Sunday, December 9, 2012

the stories behind us....

the weekend has been rather interesting.......after years i went to Prithvi Cafe to catch up with a friend from a looong long time ago..........well as usual I was early and in my moments of just soaking in the cafe and absorbing the people around me i started thinking about a rather funny conversation i had with my team 2-3 days ago where were making fun of some takiyakalams that we all use.

and this got me thinking about where did mine come from and it was quite an amusing chain of thoughts. I went back in time and dug out from under the rubble of millions of memories the stories behind the things i say........

something i more often than not say is - "dekhoji aisa hai ki......." and those who have seen me say it know the exact hand movements and the tone of voice...........and its quite amazing from where this came from........lets go back 5 and a half years. I was fulfilling my long standing dream of being in FMCG sales.........basically main Haryana mein sabun bech rahi thi. So the story of this statement has its origins in a small city in Haryana called Panipat.........there was this wholesaler there who thought he was the king of the world..........he used to behave as if my sales system would come to a standstill. so every time we went to him to ask him to buy - he used to start with - bitiya dekhoji aisa hai ki na..........mere yahaan pe to dooor door se retailers aate hain aur market mein to rate wahi chalta hai jo is dukaan se shuru hota hai.........then sometimes it used to bitiya dekhoji aisa hai ki........aaap log to mere liye family jaise ho.........apse kya rate ki baat karni.........etc etc etc..............eventually my monthly visits to his outlets were an entertainment dose for me........in my head i could relay his dialogue word by word by word...........so that's the background of the story...........the day it became a part of my vocab was when I had gone at the end of a quarter to close his wholesale loyalty programme purchase and i was in a shitty mood and ultra stressed ............ and uski chik chik shuru ho chuki thi.........and for once i lost it with a shopkeeper - and i said - dekhoji aisa hai ki yaa to maaal utha lo ya phir apne poore saaal ke points to goodbye bol do.........usne to stock nahi uthaya but evers since then this statement became a part of me..........i still use it very often and its only on days like yesterday that i remember the story behind it........

such moments make me marvel at the lives that we have led and how some extremely small and insignificant people and incidents actually leave a lasting impression without us ever sparing a thought for them. 

1 comment:

Ankur Garg said...

Arrray saheee... yeh pooree story kal kuun nahee batayeee??